RCG and the Nordic Model Summit: West, October, Friday 4th - Saturday 5th
Regional Cooperation Group and the Nordic Model West Summit 2019
Date: October, Friday 4th – Saturday 5th
Place: Auditorium A2, KA Building, University of Stavanger
Thanks to the support of LNU, we happily invite five members from the leadership of each ISU local branch in the west region to come and participate in the Regional Cooperation Group and the Nordic Model Summit from Friday 4th to Saturday 5th of October at the University of Stavanger. In these meetings, participants will learn about what the Nordic Model is, how Norwegian society works, and how we as international students can better affect change both locally and nationally. In addition to the Nordic Model, participants will learn more about ISU and its procedures and how local branches can better coordinate their efforts in the north region.
Tentative Schedule (Possibility of Change):
Friday, 4th of October
- 12:00 Registration for ISU leaders will begin
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 The meeting begins with an introduction of all national board and local branch members.
- 14:30 Introduction to the Regional Cooperation Group project
- 14:50 Introduction to the Nordic Model by Associate Professor Jan Otto Jacobsen, University of Stavanger
- 16:20 Break
- 16:25 Norwegian student perspectives on social engagement and how one can secure good representation of an international student environment by Mahnoor Raja, University of Stavanger's Student Parliament.
- 17:05 Ending note
- 17:20 Dinner will be served for all ISU leader participants and guest speakers.
Saturday, 5th of October
- 9:00 Registration for ISU leaders will begin
- 9:30 Meeting will begin with an open discussion on Norwegian and other cultures and social engagement among these cultures.
- 10:10 Break
- 10:15 ISU in Norway and practical information for local branches.
- 10:55 Break
- 11:00 Group work discussing ways to better cooperate at the regional level among local branches
- 12:00 Evaluation survey
- 12:10 Discussion of event
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 End of program
All presentations, shared by the presenters, from the event are linked to each bullet point below.
- The Nordic Model
- RCG Introductory Presentation day 1
- ISU in Norway and practical information for local branches
Travel Information Sheet:
Here you will find a travel information sheet that will help you find your way between the airport, summit, and hotel.
Please click on the link below to register yourself as a participant for this event. This is important because it lets us know how many people will be coming, how much food we will need to order, and whether you have any dietary restrictions. Last day to register is the 19th of September at 24:00.