RCG and the Nordic Model Summit: South-East, September, Friday 20th - Saturday 21st
Regional Cooperation Group and the Nordic Model South-East Summit 2019
Date: September, Friday 20th – Saturday 21st
Place: Room A3504, University of South-Eastern Norway-Drammen
Thanks to the support of LNU, we happily invite five members from the leadership of each ISU local branch in the south-east region to come and participate in the Regional Cooperation Group and the Nordic Model Summit from Friday 20th to Saturday 21st at the University of South-Eastern Norway-Drammen. In these meetings, participants will learn about what the Nordic Model is, how Norwegian society works, and how we as international students can better affect change both locally and nationally. In addition to the Nordic Model, participants will learn more about ISU and its procedures and how local branches can better coordinate their efforts in the south-east region.
Friday, 20th of September
- 12:00 Registration for ISU leaders will begin.
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Meeting begins with the introduction of national board and local branch participants.
- 14:25 Introduction of the Regional Cooperation Group Project.
- 14:40 Introduction to the Nordic Model by Professor Dag Einar Thorsen, University of South-Eastern Norway.
- 15:15 Participating in the Nordic Model from a union perspective by Gard Hofsvang and Espen Braathen, LO.
- 15:55 Break
- 16:05 Insights on understanding university structure and how to effectively work within it by Nicoline Petersen, International Office Student Assistant, University of South-Eastern Norway-Drammen.
- 16:45 Ending note
- 17:00 Dinner will be served for all ISU leader participants and guest speakers.
Saturday, 21st of September
- 9:00 Registration for ISU leaders will begin.
- 9:30 Meeting will begin with a speech on Norwegian student perspectives on social engagement and how one can secure good representation of an international student environment by Gwendolyn Elyse Anderson, Student Council Leader for Engineering Students at University of South-Eastern Norway-Porsgrunn.
- 10:10 Break
- 10:15 Open discussion on Norwegian and other cultures and social engagement among these cultures.
- 10:55 Break
- 11:00 ISU in Norway and local branch practical information.
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Group work discussing ways to better cooperate at the regional level among local branches.
- 14:30 Break and evaluation survey.
- 14:40 Discussion of event.
- 15:00 End of program
All presentations from the event are linked to each bullet point below.