RCG and the Nordic Model Summit: Oslo+, September, Friday 13th - Saturday 14th
Regional Cooperation Group and the Nordic Model Oslo+ Summit 2019
Date: September, Friday 13th – Saturday 14th
Place: Auditorium 3, MF Norwegian School for Theology, Religion, and Society
Thanks to the support of LNU, we happily invite five members from the leadership of each ISU local branch in the Oslo+ region to come and participate in the Regional Cooperation Group and the Nordic Model Summit from Friday 13th to Saturday 14th at the Norwegian School for Theology, Religion and Society. In these meetings, participants will learn about what the Nordic Model is, how Norwegian society works, and how we as international students can better affect change both locally and nationally. In addition to the Nordic Model, participants will learn more about ISU and its procedures and how local branches can better coordinate their efforts in the Oslo+ region.
Friday, 13th of September
- 12:00 Registration for ISU leaders
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 The meeting begins with an introduction of all national board and local branch members
- 14:30 Introduction to the Regional Cooperation Group Project
- 14:50 Introduction to the Nordic Model by professor Nina Witoszek, University of Oslo.
- 15:45 Break
- 15:55 Insights on how MF works with international students by Karoline Oftedal, MF Norwegian School of Theology, Religion, and Society International Office
- 16:50 Ending note from Katrina
- 17:00 Dinner will be served for all ISU leader participants and guest speakers.
Saturday, 14th of September
- 9:00 Registration for ISU leaders will begin
- 9:30 Meeting will begin with a speech on Norwegian student perspectives on social engagement and how one can secure good representation of an international student environment by Stian Skarheim Magelssen, NSO.
- 10:10 Break
- 10:15 Open discussion on Norwegian and other cultures and social engagement among these cultures
- 10:55 Break
- 11:00 ISU in Norway and local branch practical information
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Group work discussing ways to better cooperate at the regional level among local branches.
- 14:30 Break and evaluation survey
- 14:40 Discussion of the event
- 15:00 End of program
All presentations from the event are linked to each bullet point below.
- RCG introductory presentation
- Presentation on the Nordic Model
- How MF works with international students
- Norwegian student perspectives on social engagement
- ISU in Norway and local branch practical information
Please click on the link below to register yourself as a participant for this event. This is important because it lets us know how many people will be coming, how much food we will need to order, and whether you have any dietary restrictions. The last day to register is the 6th of September.