RCG and the Nordic Model Summit: North, September, Friday 27th - Saturday 28th
Regional Cooperation Group and the Nordic Model North Summit 2019
Date: September, Friday 27th – Saturday 28th
Place: Auditorium 2, Teorifagbygget Hus 1 (September 27th), Auditorium 1, Teorifagbygget Hus 1 (September 28th), University of Tromsø
Thanks to the support of LNU, we happily invite five members from the leadership of each ISU local branch in the north region to come and participate in the Regional Cooperation Group and the Nordic Model Summit from Friday 27th to Saturday 28th at the University of Tromsø. In these meetings, participants will learn about what the Nordic Model is, how Norwegian society works, and how we as international students can better affect change both locally and nationally. In addition to the Nordic Model, participants will learn more about ISU and its procedures and how local branches can better coordinate their efforts in the north region.
Friday, 27th of September
- 12:00 Registration for ISU leaders will begin.
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 The meeting begins with an introduction of all national board and local branch members.
- 14:10 Introduction to the Regional Cooperation Group project.
- 14:20 Introduction to the Nordic Model by Professor Emeritus Ragnar Elia Nilsen, University of Tromsø.
- 14:55 Participating in the Nordic Model from a union perspective by Stein Kristiansen, LO
- 15:15 Break
- 15:30 Introduction to ISU
- 16:10 Ending Note
- 17:00 Dinner will be served for all ISU leader participants and guest speakers.
Saturday, 28th of September
- 9:00 Registration for ISU leaders will begin
- 9:30 Meeting will begin with a speech on Norwegian student perspectives on social engagement and how one can secure good representation of an international student environment by Herman Siggerud, Head of International Affairs, University of Tromsø Student Parliament
- 9:55 Open discussion on Norwegian and other cultures and social engagement among these cultures
- 10:25 Break
- 10:35 ISU in Norway and practical information for local branches
- 11:35 Lunch
- 12:35 Group work discussing ways to better cooperate at the regional level among local branches
- 13:35 Break and evaluation survey
- 13:45 Discussion
- 13:55 End of program
All presentations from the event are linked to each bullet point below.
- Introductory Presentation for Day 1
- Introduction to the Nordic Model
- LO Presentation on the Nordic Model (Due to copyright restrictions, we were not able to share Stein's presentation. He did provide a PDF about the Nordic Model that covers much of what he talked about instead.)
- Student Parliament Presentation on Norwegian Student Perspectives on Social Engagement.
- ISU in Norway and Practical Information for Local Branches
Travel Information Sheet:
Here you will find a travel information sheet that will help you find your way between the airport, summit, and hotel.