The International Students’ Union of Norway (ISU) is seeking to recruit an Organizational Consultant for a permanent position in our Office in Oslo, starting on the 1st of July.
The Organizational Consultant reports to and works under the supervision of the ISU National Board. The NB consists of 7 international students and the OC works from the National Office in Oslo.
The successful candidate will be proactive, work independently, be efficient and structured, in addition to having good co-operation skills. The work involves a lot of collaboration with student organizations such as NSO, LNU and SAIH. You must be able to relate to international students in a good way.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily operations of the office and administrative matters;
- Maintain relations with member local branches and partners;
- Directing external and internal communications of the organization;
- Handling basic finances;
- Organizing and coordinating the organizations` annual national meetings;
- Attend National Board meetings;
- Work to develop and promote ISU Norway and its member local branches;
- Write and process applications for funding for the National office and from local branches;
- Administration of our Frifond support for local branches,
- Updating our Website and help with social media communication.
- Occasional work on weekends/evenings and travelling will be required.
Essential Requirements We are looking for a person with:
- Excellent office and organizational skills and strong interest working with international students;
- Fluency in Norwegian and English, written and oral communications;
- Accurate minute taking, typing and preparation of official documents;
- Ability to work in a team and to work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and take initiatives;
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize;
- Good computer skills – especially MS. Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Residing in or close to Oslo.
Desired Requirements Below requirements are ideally desired but not essential:
- Degree level qualified in a relevant field, such as political science, administration and finance etc;
- Previous experience with accounting, finances and other financial matters;
- Has experience with Frifond administration;
- Previous work experience in student/volunteer organizations, particularly student politics, student welfare activities and voluntary and/or youth work.
- Experience with WordPress and updating websites.
- A young, thriving and pleasant working environment;
- Meaningful work and flexible working arrangements with core hours between 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m;
- The opportunity to work with people from all over the world;
Please submit your application letter (1 page) with your CV and references (in English) by Friday 25th of May 2018 by email to email@example.com. Please put “Organizational Consultant” as the email subject. Potential candidates will be invited to an interview at the beginning of June.
This is a permanent position subject to a 6 month trial period. Depending on the candidate the position can be from 50 – 100%. The successful candidate must preferably be able to start by the 21 of June 2018.
ISU Norway applies an equal opportunities policy in its recruitment process. All applications are treated confidentially and all personal data are held in accordance with the data protection rules.
Further information and questions about the position can be obtained by contacting the National Office, Phone: 98225998 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read more about ISU Norway, go to our website: www.isu-norway.no