International Students' Union of Norway (ISU Norway) will have a temporary position available for 3 weeks in March. The Organizational Consultant needs a 3 weeks leave for her study praksis and we are looking for someone to fill her position while she is away. The working place is in our Office in Oslo (Kolstadgata 1- Frivilighetshuset), between weeks 10 and 12 in March.
The Organizational Consultant reports to and works under the supervision of the National President and the National Board.
The successful candidate will be proactive, work independently, be efficient and structured, in addition to having good cooperation skills. The work involves collaboration with student organisations such as NSO and other organisations such as LNU and SAIH. You must be able to relate to international students in a good way.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily operations of the office and administrative matters
- Maintain relations with member local branches and partners;
- Directing external and internal communications of the organisation;
- Handling basic finances;
- Cooperate with the National President to run the organization
- Work to develop and promote ISU Norway and its member local branches;
We are looking for a person with:
- Excellent office and organisational skills and strong interest working with international students;
- Fluency in Norwegian and English, written and oral communications;
- Accurate minute taking, typing and preparation of official documents;
- Ability to work in a team and to work under pressure;
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and take initiatives;
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritise;
- Good computer skills - especially MS. Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Residing in or close to Oslo.
Below requirements are ideally desired but not essential.
- Degree level qualified in a relevant field, such as political science, administration and finance etc;
- Previous experience with accounting, finances and other financial matters;
- Previous work experience in students' organisation, particularly student politics, student welfare activities and voluntary and/or youth work.
- A young, thriving and pleasant working environment;
- Meaningful work and flexible working hours to your studies (part-time, 20 per week), after agreement with the National President.
- Salary of 10000 NOK (without taxes included) for three weeks, and a one day training with the current Organizational Consultant before work starts in March
- A letter of recommendation after the 3 weeks
But the most important will be the opportunity to work with people from all over the world in a vibrant and active organization!
If you are interested in the position you can send your motivation letter (one page max.), CV and a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the headline ”ISU Organizational Consultant substitution” before the deadline on Thursday 16th of February. If you have any questions you can send them to the same email.
You can read more about the organization at www-isu-norway.no
Daniel Hernández Iniesta
International Students’ Union of Norway (ISU Norway) National President